So I have almost finished my web article for Assignment 1 (thank goodness).
I used Powtoon to create a presentation and though it took me two full, long, draining, headachey days and nights to actually make, I do like the program. Here are some reasons, it is:
- Creative: I do have creative ability, somewhere inside of me, but Powtoon was good because it had engaging pre-made templates to use.
- Easy to use: for a first timer I feel like the process was relatively smooth
I believe it would be a good tool to use in the classroom for simple presentation. I know teachers don’t have much time at the best of times and I think it definitely has the potential to be time consuming.
- you need a decent, fast internet connection (which I do not and I can attribute a lot of my frustration to this issue).
- figuring out how to attribute a copyright picture via HTML was impossible for me
- you are limited to a 5 minute presentation in the free version (which stands to reason, but it is Very expensive otherwise)
I would use it again, but it would be only for simple and quick presentations. So I am sitting on the fence I guess – the jury is still out. Maybe practice makes perfect?